Lemons are good sources of vitamin C which can provide you with numerous health benefits such as having young looking skin and helping you lose weight. But did you know that drinking lemon water actually provides plenty of benefits? It’s no wonder it has become a rage these days.
Health Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water
- Balances your pH levels. Your body’s pH levels will be regulated thanks to the acidity of the lemon. Also, lemons can create alkaline in your body fluids which is important in bringing balance to your pH level.
- Weight loss. Drinking lemon water helps you to lose weight as it flushes out the toxins in your body while at the same time improve your digestive system. Your liver will also be purified as well which aids in speeding up weight loss.
- Prevents acne and wrinkles. Thanks to the huge amount of vitamin C contained in lemons, your body receives ample nutrients to fight off wrinkles, acne, and other skin problems. It is no wonder why many are sipping this drink throughout the day.
- Fights throat infections. Another plus to drinking lemon water is that any infection in your throat can be treated because lemons have antibacterial properties that will combat any unwanted bacteria in your body.
- Brings fever down. If you have fever then preparing lemon water is highly recommended. One reason behind this is that lemon contains antiseptic properties that can help combat your high temperature. Not only that but your immune system gets additional help from your drink to really fight off any health issues that you are facing.
- Can combat cancer. Cancer is one of the leading causes of death all over the world. Protecting yourself from this serious illness is possible by drinking lemon water. This is because lemons have anti-cancer compounds that can put a stop to the cell division of cancer cells in your body.
- Prevents immune system deficiencies. Our immune system protects us against common ailments such as colds, fever, and flu not to mention other health issues. Unfortunately, with the kind of food that we are eating, we don’t usually get the nutrients we need. Drinking lemon water will not only help us get more vitamin C in our system but we’re also helping our immune system to become stronger for better health protection.
- Improves nerve and brain cells. Who would have thought that drinking lemon water can actually help improve your nerve and brain cells? This helps prevent nerve and brain damage especially when you grow older.
- Remove toxins from the body. One reason why we tend to get sick is because of the numerous toxins that our body absorbs every day not just from the food that we eat but also from our environment. The problem is that many of us don’t really know how to get rid of these toxins that are wreaking havoc on our body. Fortunately, there is a solution to this and that is by drinking lemon water. The antioxidants as well as vitamins contained in lemons will help flush out the toxins in your system for better overall health.
- Reduce blood pressure. High blood pressure puts you at risk of suffering from various cardiovascular diseases. One of the best ways to bring your blood pressure down is to drink lemon water because it can reduce blood pressure while boosting your HDL or good cholesterol.
These are just a few examples of what health benefits you can gain from drinking warm lemon water throughout the day. If you want to help yourself become healthier in the long run, try out this trick.