Old windows are often left outside forgotten or thrown away because they are no longer of use but if you are trying to do your part to save the environment by minimizing the amount of trash that you dispose of, perhaps you would like to reuse your old windows for something else? Here are 10 repurposing ideas that are just suitable for those windows of yours that will add more value to your space.
- Picture Frame. If you managed to preserve your windows a good way to repurpose them is to use them as picture frames. Add your favorite family photos on each window pane and place these windows on top of a table in the living room for added effect.
- Staple some chicken wire on the frame of your old window and use it to hang your accessories, hair ties, and the like for a more organized look in your bedroom.
- Wall Art. Who said that old windows have no place in your home? With a little bit of creativity on your part, you can transform your old windows into wall art to grace that blank space on your wall.
- Message Board. Here’s another idea that will definitely work for any home. Paint the window panes of your old window with chalk paint so you and your family can write each other messages.
- Garden Fence. Your old windows can actually be used outside your home. As a matter of fact, you can make them into a garden fence to give your outdoor space a new look. You can even paint the window panes for added effect.
- Porch Decoration. This is a neat idea if you have a porch at home. Just hang the windows outside to make it look like you have an invisible wall. For sure, your guests will appreciate your decoration.
- Pot Rack. If you don’t have enough space in your kitchen to store your pots and pans, you can use your old windows as hanging pot racks instead. Just add hooks to the window frame, tie a sturdy string on the corners, then hang them from your ceiling. This way, you won’t have to worry about where you’re going to place them anymore.
- Greenhouse. This DIY project requires several window frames to complete it. The idea behind here is to put together a box type structure using your old windows. Secure the frames together and have one open up so you can check your plants. This is actually a good DIY project as the window panes allow plenty of sunlight for your plants to thrive while at the same time lend an interesting decoration to your garden.
- Headboard. Another idea to use for your old window is to transform into a headboard for your bed. You can leave it as is or decorate it with old photos depending on your preferences. You can paint it too to match the rest of your bedroom theme.
- Hanging garden. If you are into livening up your outdoor space, why not transform your old windows into a hanging garden? Use the spaces in your window frame to hold tiny plants like succulents and hang them on one side of a wall for easy access.
These DIY projects are just the tip of the iceberg so to speak when it comes to repurposing your old windows. There are more ideas out there that you can do to make your old windows work for you. For sure, you will be looking for more DIY projects once you finish the projects mentioned above.