Updating the look of an average kitchen can cost around $20,000 already and that is the cheapest already. There is no doubt about it but you will need plenty of cash just to be able to breathe new life to your kitchen. Imagine how much it will cost you if your kitchen is larger than normal.
Money may be an issue at times but this doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to revamp your kitchen space because there are ways to give your kitchen a new look without having to break the bank. Here are some examples on how you can update your kitchen’s current look without spending more than is necessary.
- Paint your cabinets. If budget is keeping you from getting new cabinets, why not give them a new coat of paint instead? Make sure that the choice of color will complement the rest of your kitchen furniture like the countertop to blend everything together.
- Have an accent wall. Painting your kitchen cabinets sound like a tough job? Another way to revamp your kitchen space is to have an accent wall which is painted two shades darker than the rest. This will give your space a more interesting look.
- Colorful appliances as decorative pieces. Getting a bright orange refrigerator does give your kitchen a focal point but your budget may not afford buying a new one. This doesn’t mean that you can’t invest on other colorful appliances like cherry red mixer, cobalt toaster, or any other colorful appliances that you can display in the kitchen. They will help add a dash of color on your otherwise drab looking space.
- Install backsplash. Another trick to giving your kitchen a brand new look is to add backsplash on your kitchen sink. What’s great about adding backsplash is that you will only use a few square meters of your wall which speeds up the work compared to giving your entire kitchen a complete overhaul. Plus, you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars because a couple of hundred will suffice already.
- Install new pulls and handles. If you are looking for an easier way to update your kitchen, the best way to do this is to install new pulls and handles. There are plenty of colorful options in many hardware stores these days that it won’t be difficult to find something that will work best for your cabinet system. You might be surprised how different your kitchen space will look like once you’ve installed these new items.
- Swap or remove cabinet doors. Just because you want to give your kitchen a new look it doesn’t mean that you have to pay thousands of dollars to upgrade your kitchen furniture. Sometimes looking at specific furniture like your cabinet will suffice. In the case of your cabinets, why not replace the doors with glass-paneled ones so you can see the insides with ease. You can also remove the door panels altogether for that open shelving design.
- Revamp the countertop. Another inexpensive way to give your kitchen a new look is by revamping the countertop. It’s easy to assume that this will be a bit expensive especially when you want a stone countertop. The good news is that there are laminate options that appear to be stone that you can install in your kitchen counters. Just make sure that you apply them properly for that smooth, even look.
As you can see, there are a lot of ways for you to give your kitchen new life without breaking your bank. These are just a few ideas that you can use to make your kitchen space more interesting.