Your kitchen cabinetry can play a huge part on how amazing your kitchen space turns out to be especially when you are revamping your cooking area. The good news is that you don’t have to remove and replace your entire cabinetry especially when they’re in still in good condition because you can make them look like brand new without the added expense using different materials. If you are on a budget but would like to update your kitchen, here are a few creative ideas to try out.
- Open shelving. For those who want to give their kitchen space a more modern look, why not try open shelving? Since your cabinet system is still in good condition, you can simply remove the cabinet doors so that your dishes and glasses and other kitchen utensils can be displayed.
- Moldings. Are your kitchen cabinets looking a bit boring than usual? Why not breathe new life to it by adding some intricate moldings to your cabinet doors? All you will need for this project is some glue, moldings, and paint. This way, you will be able to update your kitchen cabinets without spending more than is necessary. Plus this is a fun activity that you can do with the family.
- Install embellishments. Did you know that adding embellishments to your kitchen cabinets can transform them into dull storage compartments to eye-catching pieces? There are a lot of ways that you can add embellishments to your cabinets such as finding unique pieces that will work well with your current kitchen theme. This can be something simple as sea shells or bamboo sticks and the like. Just make sure that you install them properly and paint them in the appropriate color for a more natural effect.
- Shelves with baskets. If you want to make your kitchen cabinets look more organized than before, how about removing the cabinet doors and add baskets to each shelf? You can label the baskets so you can easily find what you are looking for plus it will have a uniform effect too.
- Use chalkboard paint. Here’s another trick to style up your kitchen cabinets, paint some doors with chalkboard paint. This way, you can write your to-do list or the menu for today plus your kids can leave messages to one another. Your kids won’t be drawing on your walls any time soon with this trick.
- Glass doors. Trying to keep your expenses down to a minimum when it comes to revamping your kitchen space shouldn’t be too difficult to pull off. One, you don’t have to replace your entire cabinetry because it doesn’t look good anymore. Two, you can actually alter a few pieces to make the set look new. For example, replace your old cabinet doors with glass doors so you will be able to see the contents of the cabinet easily.
- Refurbish your kitchen cabinets. If you are not exactly pleased with your kitchen cabinets at this point, it still doesn’t justify the need to rip them off the wall. Perhaps you just need to replace the hardware with something new or it needs a new coat of paint. Refurbishing your old kitchen cabinets can do wonders to your space and your budget.
- Sliding glass doors. For those who want to add a modern touch to their cabinet system, how about replacing the doors with sliding glass doors? This will definitely improve your kitchen space plus you will have an easier time finding your kitchen items.
These are just a few ideas that you can use to make your kitchen look better than before. Even if you are on a tight budget, it doesn’t mean that you can’t liven up your kitchen space.