DIY projects and crafts are a great way to pass time and it’s very useful as well. Even the simplest projects can serve you well in ways you might not have known of. For instance, making DIY crafts is one efficient and cost-effective way to make money. Selling your projects for a few dollars is especially beneficial if you enjoy making DIY projects personally. Besides, having too much DIY crafts in your home can turn into clutter. So if you’re fondness of DIY projects is too much for your room space to handle, why not consider selling them? Making DIY crafts and projects for profit is useful for those looking for some extra money as well, such as students. DIY projects are easy to make, generally cheap, and eco-friendly since most usually requires recycling. If you need some ideas, here are a few DIY projects you can make and sell for money.
1. Polka Dot Phone Case
If there’s one easy DIY craft you can sell for money, it’s a personally designed phone case. There’s always a demand for phone cases and people always look for unique designs that are not easily found in the market. Just think of any phone case design and then express it on a plain phone case, and someone will surely adore it. If you need a simple idea, a polka dot phone case never goes out of style.
- Hole punch
- Plain phone case
- Metallic tape
- Wax paper
- Stick a strip of metallic tape onto a sheet of wax paper to keep it in place.
- Punch holes through the metallic tape and wax paper.
- Peel off the metallic tape dots from the wax paper and arrange on the phone case in a way that would suit your liking.
2. Wooden Photo Display
Selling wooden photo displays is a great, unique idea that would surely warrant the attention of a couple of customers. You can even take orders as to which photo they would like printed out or how big they want the wood to be. A wooden photo display is a great ornament that you can put anywhere in the house or send as a gift to someone. Here’s how you do it.
- Wax paper
- Inkjet printer
- Smooth, light-coloured wood
- Cut out sheets of wax paper into the same size as a regular bond paper.
- Find a high resolution image you’d like to print out. Reverse the image in any photo-editing software so that you’ll see the mirror image of the photo you want.
- Print the mirrored image on the sheet of wax paper. Guide it as it comes out of the printer so that the ink won’t get smeared or smudged.
- Place the wax paper with the image exactly where you’d want it to be on the wood. Once you’ve placed the paper on the wood, you can’t move it, or else the image will smudge.
- Swipe a credit card, or any object similar to it, across the image on the wax paper. This would push the ink and “print” it into the wood. Swipe hard, but not so much that the wax paper would rip. Repeat swiping motion a couple more times before lifting the wax paper to see if the image is left on the wood.
3. Sharpie Mug
If you’re good at typography or if you’re simply generally artistic, then personalized sharpie mugs would be a great DIY project for you to sell. You can think of clever designs to sell or take requests from customers.
- Plain porcelain mug
- Sharpie or Pebeo Marker
- Write or draw any design you want onto the porcelain mug. You can use any marker colour that would suit your design.
- Bake the mug for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool before using or washing. Remember that these mugs are not dishwasher-friendly and are hand wash only.
You can also draw on any other porcelain dish, not just mugs.