Apple cider vinegar has been touted as one of the best natural remedies for various illnesses today but not a lot of people are aware of the health benefits that they can gain from incorporating it into their daily diet. For those who are wondering why they should add apple cider vinegar to their pantry, here are some of its top health benefits to consider.
- Makes your hair shiny. If your hair is looking a bit dull lately, a good remedy to bring back its natural shine is to use apple cider vinegar after you shampoo. Just combine half a tablespoon of ACV with a cup of cold water and douse your hair with it after you shampoo your hair. Repeat this several times to see the results.
- Treat hiccups. Hiccups can cause discomfort especially when you’re caught off guard but the good news is that there is a way to solve this minor problem and that is by taking a teaspoon of ACV. The sourness of the vinegar can put a halt on your hiccups fast.
- Expedite weight loss. For those who are watching their weight, add apple cider vinegar to your diet and see fast weight loss results. Just add 2 teaspoons of ACV into 16 ounces of water and drink it for the rest of the day. Studies show that imbibing acetic acid which, in this case, is in the form of water and ACV, show surprising decrease in waist circumference, body weight, and abdominal fat.
- Reduce cholesterol levels. Although more research is needed to determine how effective apple cider vinegar is in lowering cholesterol levels, there are some studies that showed reduced cholesterol levels in rats. Humans who participated in a separate study also lowered their cholesterol levels when they drink this acetic acid.
- Reduce occurrence of heartburn. Heartburns can be uncomfortable not to mention painful at times especially when you’re eating out. One way to solve this problem is to treat stomach acid with vinegar that contains acid just like apple cider vinegar. A teaspoon of ACV accompanied by a glass of water after can treat heartburn immediately. However, you need to keep in mind that ACV won’t work if you have ulcer.
- Treats indigestion. If you often experience indigestion after eating a lot, why not have some apple cider vinegar before your meal? Just mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of honey into a glass of warm water then drink it 30 minutes before you eat. You won’t suffer from indigestion at all.
- Repels fleas. Your furry friends can be at risk of suffering from fleas and although there are medications that can help get rid of these pests, apple cider vinegar can be used too. Simply mix one part water and one part ACV in a spray bottle and spray it on your pet. Make sure that the solution gets into their skin. Repeat this several times until all the fleas disappear.
- Boosts your lymphatic system. Another health benefit to be gained from using ACV is that it helps break any mucus congestion in your body to clear your lymph nodes. There are also studies that point to ACV being an effective treatment against allergies. Sinus infections can also be cured by ACV including their symptoms such as headaches and sore throats.
These are just a few examples of health benefits that can be gained from drinking or applying apple cider vinegar in your body. For sure, you will be reaping plenty of benefits when you make ACV a part of your daily diet.