Candle jars are one of the most popular types being sold today because they can act as decorative pieces while giving off that sweet scent around the house. However, once all the candle wax has been burned and you are left with an empty jar, what will their purpose be? For those who have plenty of empty candle jars at home, you might want to recycle or reuse them instead of disposing. If you are fond of recycling materials, doing the same with your candle jars will be worth it. Here are some great ideas on how you can use your empty candle jars today.
- Hanging candle holder. If you have burned all the candle wax inside the jar, try to remove the remaining wax before washing thoroughly. Add some wires at the neck of the glass then hang the jar on a tree or wall. Add tea light candle and you have a new decorative piece for your home.
- Birdbath. With a little creativity on your part, you can actually create a decoration that will be useful for the animals around your home. If you’ve been attracting birds in your garden, install old candle jars together with small plates in between to hold bird seeds and display it outdoors.
- Window art. Another idea on how to use your empty candle jars is to simply display them all on your window. Their mismatched heights and sizes can add depth to your windows plus, adding some tea light candles in them can make your place look warm and inviting.
- Winter decorations. Why buy pricey winter decorations when you can get to make them on your own? Empty candle jars are perfect for this kind of project because they can be dressed up in any way you want.
- Frosted candle holders. If you know how to frost glass, this is the perfect trick to liven up your candle jars. Use different colors for this so you will get some colourful decorations to light up your outdoors.
- Graduation gift jar. If you know someone who will be graduating soon, dress up your empty candle jars with your graduation gift like money, notes, candies, and the like. For sure, they will love your surprise and you don’t have to spend a lot too.
- Fabric vase. A little creativity can go along a way and dressing up your candle jar with colourful fabric will certainly add life to your space especially after winter. You can use old clothes to create a unique vase to use as decorative pieces at home.
- Button jars. If you love to sew and have plenty of buttons lying around that you would like to keep in one place, your candle jars will fit the bill. Use them to store your buttons, needles, and other stuff.
- Candy jars. From candle to candy, empty candle jars can be converted to hold some sweet treats. Just make sure that you remove any debris and that you thoroughly wash the jars so no waxy residues are left behind.
- Tinted glass decorations. If you are looking for a DIY project you can do during the weekends, this might be right up your alley. Tinting glasses in different colors will add more character to your candle jars plus you can put them on display in and around the house.
These are just a few ideas on how you can use those empty candle jars. With a little bit of creativity on your part, and decorative materials, you will be able to create new items from your candle jars.