Facials are some of the best ways to keep skin healthy and glowing, but regular sessions can be very pricey. Fortunately, you do not have to always rely on professionals to give you these facials. There are just so many different ingredients that you can use (that are highly likely to be in your ref or in your pantry) to make your very own facial masks. So to help you out, we have decided to write a guide on how to make a facial mask that really works and benefits the skin.
Banana Facial Mask
Bananas have long since been proven to have moisturizing and softening effects on the skin. Thanks to these yellow fruits, you do not have to subject yourself to expensive Botox injections that can be risky. Making a banana facial mask is also very easy, and since these fruits are not that expensive, you can make them as much as you want.
Here are the steps on how to make a facial mask using bananas.
1. Mash up one medium-sized banana (ripe) until you have a smooth paste.
2. Gently apply the mask on your face and your neck.
3. Let it sit for about 10 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off using cold water.
Honey and Olive Oil with Oatmeal Exfoliating Mask
Honey and olive oil are some of the most popular ingredients that you will find being used in skin care products. They are rich in various vitamins and minerals essential for having healthy skin. If you do not have the money to invest on pricey personal care products, you can always make your own Honey and Olive Oil Exfoliating Mask.
Here is what you need to do when making this particular exfoliating facial mask.
1. Combine a teaspoon each of honey and olive oil.
2. Get a pack of plain oatmeal and cook it, but make sure that you use less water so that the finished product will be thicker than normal.
3. Add the honey and olive oil mixture to the oatmeal.
4. Apply the mixture as a facial scrub, ensuring that you are gentle while you rub in the mixture in small circles.
5. Rinse your face with warm water, and using a clean towel, pat it dry.
Oatmeal and Fennel Moisturizing Mask
If your main concern is dryness of your skin, oatmeal and fennel would definitely benefit you. Not only do these two ingredients deeply moisturize the skin; they also soften and smoothen out rough patches. This recipe calls for several ingredients, but do not worry: you probably have all of them stored in your kitchen anyway.
Just follow the steps on how to make a facial mask using these two ingredients and you will soon be on your way to having softer and smoother skin.
1. Get your blender and grind about a tablespoon of oatmeal in it. Set it aside.
2. Boil half a cup of water and then add a tablespoon of fennel seeds. Steep the seeds for 10 minutes. Strain and discard the small particles.
3. After the fennel tea has cooled down (room temperature), add the ground oatmeal as well as a tablespoon of honey.
4. Make sure that your face is clean before you apply the mixture. Let sit for 20 minutes.
5. Rinse your face using tepid water first before proceeding with a cool rinse.