The aloe vera has always been touted as one of the best herbal plants to have around because of its numerous health benefits. From treating skin conditions and injuries to promoting overall health, this plant is being cultivated in various parts of the world today. What makes this plant a good addition to your garden? Here are some health benefits that you can get from it.
- Antibacterial and antioxidant properties. Antioxidants are needed by the body to help boost your immune system while at the same time, provide you protection against possible diseases. The antibacterial properties found in aloe vera makes it a useful remedy against common illnesses such as colds, fever, and cough.
- Reduce dental plaque. Did you know that the juice of aloe vera can actually be used as a way to get rid of buildup of plaques in your teeth? Too much plaque can cause your teeth to deteriorate which can lead to other dental problems like bleeding gums and even bad breath just to name a few. Making a mouth rinse out of this plant has been proven to be effective in getting rid of plaque while boosting dental health.
- Treat constipation. Constipation affects millions of people all over the world regardless of their age. There are many contributing factors to constipation such as medication, diet, and health issues. This can be bothersome really when you’re trying to eliminate waste from your body. aloe vera proves to be a powerful ally in treating constipation but instead of using the gel, the latex, which is that yellow, sticky residue found underneath the skin of the leaf, is used.
- Reduce blood sugar levels. For those who are looking for a healthier alternative to control their blood sugar levels, the aloe vera may just be what you need. It is believed that this plant can help regulate your blood sugar levels while at the same time, increase your sensitivity to insulin. However, the studies are still not enough for this plant to be recommended when managing blood sugar levels for those with diabetes.
- Prevents wrinkles and boost skin elasticity. There have been several studies conducted already on the efficacy of aloe vera in slowing down the aging process. Research had shown that applying the gel from the aloe vera topically can increase your collagen production which means that there is a significant result within a 90-day period. It is believed that this plant can also prevent redness of the skin but there are some who say that the use of aloe vera constantly can dehydrate the skin.
- Treat canker sores or mouth ulcers. Canker sores can occur from time to time with some of them cropping under the lip or even inside the mouth. Most of the time, canker sores can last for more than a week but there is a way to speed up the healing process and that is by applying the gel of the aloe vera onto the affected area, helping it reduce its size.
- Heal burns. When cooking, there is always a possibility that you burn yourself accidentally but the good news is that you can quickly treat minor burns by applying aloe vera onto the affected area. Aloe vera has often been used to treat minor cuts and burns because it helps speed up the healing process.
- Boost health. The leaves of the aloe vera contain a gel which is often harvested and used for medicine and cosmetics. It is also used to help provide the body with its essential nutrients in order to boost overall health.