Height is something that we all want to have as being tall can be advantageous at times. Not only does being tall help you reach upwards easily, you’ll also become more confident too. So it’s not really surprising to find those who are lacking in height to be searching for ways in which they can grow taller even if it is just a few inches as it can give them an advantage.
Although your genes play a part on how tall you can get, if you haven’t reached your full adulthood yet, you can still take some steps to help you grow taller naturally. Here are some tips to add more height to your stature.
- Exercise matters. One of the best ways to add a few inches to your height is to exercise regularly or play a sport. Since being physically active requires more energy from you, more nutrients will need to be absorbed by the body. Add to this the fact that your muscles and bones are getting worked out can also help you grow further.
- Strengthen your immune system. Your immune system plays a role on how tall you can get particularly when you’re still in the developmental stage. Having a strong immune system means that you will get enough protection against various diseases so you won’t have to worry about your growth being hindered by health issues.
- Eat the right kinds of food. Proper nutrition is important when it comes to growing taller which is why you need to review the kinds of food that you regularly eat. Choose foods that contain calcium, protein, zinc, and vitamin D to ensure that you are getting enough nutrients to give you a boost in the height department.
- Have enough rest. You might think that staying up late won’t be a problem for you as a teenager because you are young and have plenty of energy but this will actually hinder your growth. If you don’t have enough sleep you are putting yourself at a risk of being exposed to various health problems because your immune system is weakened which in turn can stop you from growing to your full potential. It’s important that you get up to 10 hours of sleep especially when you are in the developmental stage.
- Check your posture. Another way for you to grow taller naturally is to check your posture. Sitting or standing with a curved back can cause your spine to become misaligned which can prevent you from growing taller. Straighten your shoulders and make sure that your back is straight while walking or sitting.
- Skip the dangerous stuff. There are other elements that can stop you from growing taller such as smoking, drinking, and doing drugs. Cigarettes and drugs contain chemicals that not only damage your immune system but your overall health as well. Even drinking alcoholic beverages can reduce your chances of growing taller so it’s important that you skip these vices as much as possible.
- Stay hydrated. Not everyone realizes the importance of drinking water when it comes to growing taller. Although you won’t become tall like a giant when you guzzle water, staying hydrated will help your muscles and bones develop to add inches to your height. It’s important that you drink at least 8 glasses of water per day or more if you are doing intense workouts to replace the liquid that you are expelling.
As you can see, there are ways for you to grow an inch or two even when your family is predisposed to shortness. With these tips in mind, you will see positive results especially when you’re still young.