Caring for your skin ensures that it will be smooth, supple, and free from various skin problems but with your hectic schedule, is it still possible to pamper your skin regularly? The good news is that it is still possible to achieve healthy looking skin even when you have a lot on your plate. These helpful tips are easy to follow and can slow down signs of aging such as wrinkles, sagging skin, and dark circles under the eyes.
- Ditch the smoke. Most people seek to relieve stress with smoking. Although many have said that it helped them get back to their daily grind, the problem with this habit is that it is affecting the condition of your skin. When you smoke, the blood vessels that are on the outer layer of your skin narrows down which restricts the flow of blood causing your skin to look dull and wrinkly.
- Apply moisturizer. Another trick to maintaining the suppleness of your skin is to apply moisturizer liberally. The moisturizer helps bind water in the lipids keeping your skin moist and smooth. Look for moisturizers that contain amino acids, lactate, various nutrients, as well as citrate.
- Reduce sun exposure. Spending too much under the sun can actually cause damage to your skin. Yes, sunlight is a good source of vitamin D but staying outdoors for hours can have some serious impact on your skin’s condition. Aside from increasing your risk of suffering from skin cancer, dryness and other skin problems can arise. You can prevent damage by applying sunscreen protection with high SPF or find some shade to help you cool down.
- Get checked. For those who are in their forties and above, you might want to include regular checkups for skin health. A health professional can determine whether there are any problems with your skin and treat it immediately.
- Control stress. Everyone knows that stress can affect our health including our skin. When we are stressed, we suffer from acne breakout, bags under the eyes, and dull looking skin. You can already imagine what you will see the next time you look at yourself in the mirror when you can’t control your stress levels. If you want to be able to keep your skin looking healthy, you need to look for ways to alleviate the amount of stress in your life. You can go on runs, relax and unwind with some friends, or play some sports.
- Practice proper hygiene. Shaving and cleansing your skin on a daily basis can be bad for your skin as you are rubbing away the protection it needs to remain supple and moist. You can still keep your skin in its best condition by limiting your bath time to avoid removing the oils from your skin. Another way is to learn how to shave properly. To ensure that your skin remains supple and smooth, apply shaving cream and shave following the direction of your hair growth.
- Focus on your diet. Aside from the tips mentioned above, another way to ensure that your skin health is maintained is by reviewing the current diet that you are following. If the kinds of food that you are eating are more on the processed side, you might want to consider changing it into a diet that is filled with fruits, vegetables, lean meat, and seafood to ensure that you are getting sufficient vitamins and minerals that are needed for better skin health.
As you can see, even the smallest changes in your skin care and eating habits can do wonders in helping you maintain your skin.